I receive compensation if you click on the advertisements on this blog. Thank you for stopping by and visiting my ads!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Looking for an image? Click here

Generated image
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 7, 2014

The story of the mini album


For Christmas this year, my mother-in-law gave me a book of gift cards. I know, the best gift ever! She made the book by hand. She used her heat gun, embossing powders, stamps, Christmas papers and hand drew many different Christmas images. As I paged through this album of gift cards to my favorite stores, I had an idea. I wanted to fill the album with Christmas pictures and give it back to her. That way she would have Christmas pictures of her family celebrating the holidays.

I packed all my printed photos and supplies and figured this would be a great project to work on at a crop. Once, I settled in with my scrappy friends, they questioned what I was doing. My husband also was worried it might insult his mother. Did I make a mistake? I started to question what I had done.

Thankfully, she loved it. We gave it to her for Valentines Day. I love the end result as well. Now we have some wonderful giftcards, a great album filled with love AND a funny story.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I thought it was very thoughtful of you to preserve it. I am glad she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy this turned out to be a great idea! :) It's so awesome that your M.I.L. shares that joy of creating too and it is so awesome that she put a lot of thought & time in her gift. But it is also sweet of you to preserve her hard work with photos that represent what she probably cherishes most..

    ReplyDelete