I receive compensation if you click on the advertisements on this blog. Thank you for stopping by and visiting my ads!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Looking for an image? Click here

Generated image
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Fabulous Friday Challenge layout

Frosted Designs' challenge this week is to use brads on your project. This layout is from our family's visit last week to a traveling Titanic Museum. When you enter the exhibit, you are given a boarding pass featuring the bio of a real passenger on the Titanic, 99 years ago. When you depart the museum, you can find out if your passenger survived or not.



I decided that I wanted to include our boarding passes in the layout. I wanted them to not be glued down in case the kids wanted to reread their passenger's story. Brads seemed like the solution for this dilemma. I also used a brad for the steering wheel. The ship is cut from the Going Places cartridge and the wheel is from Life is a Beach. The waves are scraps from my Goggles layout from last week! I used Glossy Accents on the portholes so they looked more window-like.





6 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs. I love your use for brads. Such a wonderful idea to keep them removeable. Kids love to reread things over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I think your project looks amazing. Great colours and layout. Thank you for joining Frosted Designs this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is so good, I did have to zoom in to see if your passenger had survived, what a beautiful LO.

    Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs, I really look forward to seeing more of your work

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooooo pretty! Love everything about it and how you placed it all. GREAT JOB!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to see a Titanic display at a local museum . . . I might need to borrow some ideas from your layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh!! I love your layout!! I also went to the Titanic display when it opened in Kansas City & it is amazing!! I love the brad idea for the passes!! I ended up just making a little pocket to insert them into on my layout...wish I would have thought about the brad!! Thanks for sharing over at FCCB Scrappin' Saturday!!
    Melissa
    FCCB DT - Scrappin' Saturday
    scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete