I receive compensation if you click on the advertisements on this blog. Thank you for stopping by and visiting my ads!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Looking for an image? Click here

Generated image
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Challenge Attempt



One of the reasons I started this blog was to play along with all the wonderful online challenges. This is my first attempt. It is based on this SOUS sketch. www.stuckonusketches.blogspot.com



Another feature of the challenge is to use four different printed papers that you wouldn't ordinarily use. I decided to do a layout of my daughter and to use printed papers chosen by her. These are almost all open stock paper from Michaels that she wanted me to buy for my scrapbooking.

The flower and sunglasses are cut from the Paisley cartridge. The gems, pearls and lace are all from the dollar store.

I think this layout captures my daughters "fancy" side!

5 comments:

  1. Hey I am SO happy that you joined us and thats a great reason to start a blog!
    Really exciting!
    I just finished a project with my soon to be 4 yr old daughter for her upcoming birthday, so I understand how cool it is that you let your daughter choose these papers!
    I bet she had a great time and she has a wonderful eye for color!
    Love the sunglasses cut as well!
    Again, thanks for joining!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say

    WAY TO GO!

    on your first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started my blog for the exact same reason... and these SOUS sketches keep bringing me back for more! Not to mention, the ladies over there are so super nice!! Love your LO... so girly and sweet! Those sunglasses crack me up!!Great job with the sketch!

    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new blog.. How utterly sweet!! I too am so happy you joined us this week at SOUS with this beautiful layout of yours.. You did such a great job using this sketch..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a WONDERFUL job! The first time is always scary but after that you will love it every time! Challenges are awesome because they tend to take you out of your comfort zone... Happy Friday, keep smiling and scrappin'!!!!!
    Oh.. I just became your follower. I want to see more!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete